What is reflux?
- Illness where stomach acid is allowed to ascend back up into the esophagus and/ or mouth.
- Repeated vomiting after feeding
- Chronic nasal congestion
- Chronic ear pain
- Frequent gagging and swallowing
- Sit child up right for at least thirty (30) minutes after each feeding
- Give child smaller more frequent feedings
- Burp frequently during feedings
When to seek professional assistance?
- Repetitive crying spells
- Poor weight gain
- Continued vomiting in spite of home remedies
Digging deeper into acid reflux: